The New Moon energy is all about new beginnings and intention. Making goals, setting intention, sowing the seeds of future plans; it’s the perfect time to do all of these. Intention setting can be much more potent when done during a ritual and I invite you to join me to set your intentions in these New Moon sessions here at Earthtones.
What Will Happen in the New Moon Gong Bath?
These candlelit sessions take place on the evening of the New Moon and begin with each participant being smudged with Palo Santo and then together we’ll take part in the Sacred Cacao Ceremony, drinking the chilli infused cacao (naturally bitter, or sweetened, whichever you prefer) to open the heart chakra for the work to come.
Following this, you’ll either be led in a guided meditation to set intentions, or take part in an intention setting ritual (this will alternate each month), which will be followed by an energising gong bath.
What is “Pure Ceremonial Cacao”?
Pure Cacao is sometimes called “raw chocolate”. It is about as far from the dairy filled chocolate available from the sweet counter as it’s possible to get. When we buy a bar of milk chocolate, the cacao has been diluted many times and ingredients such as milk, sugar and oils have been added so that it is unrecognisable. Raw chocolate has been minimally processed and generally the only added ingredient is an unrefined sweetener, such as coconut sugar.
Ceremonial Cacao takes things a stage further. Grown, picked, fermented and dried by families from the Ashaninka tribe, the husks are then peeled by hand and stone-ground into a paste which is then set into a block. That’s it; no additives, just pure cacao.
Why is pure cacao so special?
In this raw state, cacao has some health benefits too:
- 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries. Antioxidants absorb free radicals which cause cell and tissue damage.
- Cacao is the highest plant-based source of iron – it contains more than twice as much iron as spinach! To absorb it best, you need to have Vitamin C with it.
- It’s also one of the highest plant-based sources of magnesium, needed for a healthy heart and brain. In the West, this is the mineral we’re most deficient in.
- It contains more calcium than cow’s milk – over 50% more. Calcium is vital for healthy teeth and bones
- It’s a natural mood enhancer. You already knew that the chocolate bars in the sweet aisle could boost your mood; imagine getting rid of the additives and chemicals and getting that boost in a pure form. Pure cacao is a fantastic source of serotonin, tryptophan, tyrosine and phenylethylamine, neurotransmitters which are associated with wellbeing, happiness, and can even alleviate depression
So now you know all about cacao, come and experience its effects during a gong meditation – it will enhance the experience for you!
A floor mat, blanket and eye mask are provided for each participant and you are free to bring any other comforts with you that would like to use.
There are only 12 places for each New Moon session, and they cost £17 per person. Sessions take place 7.30-9.30pm. Click here to see the available dates.