These are the terms and conditions which govern your interaction with Earthtones.
Restrictions on Treatment
Sound Therapy Treatment Restrictions
Sound therapy is not suitable for everyone; please read the restrictions below.
I cannot treat you if:
- you are in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- you have a severe mental illness such as
- – paranoid schizophrenia;
- – severe bipolar disorder;
- – psychotic breakdown;
- – severe panic disorder;
- – multiple personality disorder;
- – severe depression.
A parent/guardian/carer must present if the person receiving treatment
- is a child under 18 (parent or guardian must in the treatment room at all times and written consent to treat from the parent or guardian required);
- suffers from grand mal seizures;
- is a vulnerable adult.
Ear Candling Treatment Restrictions
I cannot perform ear candling if:
- you have had a perforated ear drum in the last 3 months;
- you currently have an ear or sinus infection.
Children can be treated, with these stipulations:
- there are no grommets present in the ears;
- they have not had a perforated ear drum in the last 3 months;
- they do not currently have an ear or sinus infection;
- a parent or guardian is present in the room at all times.
The child must be able to lie still for the entire treatment; you are welcome to bring distractions if this will help. In the event that the treatment, once started, cannot be completed safely or the child refuses to continue, no refund will be made.
Chakradance is suitable for almost anyone. However:
- it is not suitable for children
- children and babies may not be brought to the class.
Important Information About Your Appointment
In order to make sure you are comfortable during your appointment, please read the following information:
- Please tell me if you suffer from back problems and/or are unable to lay on a treatment couch. A chair will be available for you instead (this is not possible for AromaTouch Body treatments or Himalayan Bowl Massage);
- Please avoid large meals directly before your appointment;
- Ideally you should avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours before your appointment, but do not drink any alcohol on the day of your appointment;
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing for your appointment;
- If possible, try to avoid making any big plans for the rest of the day following your appointment. This gives your mind and body time to rest;
- You will need to drink plenty of water after your treatment. Please try to drink plenty of fluids for the rest of the day.
If, after booking, you find that you can no longer attend, please let me know as soon as possible. Your booking confirmation will contain a link which allows you to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Please try to do this as soon as you know you are unable to attend; this gives other clients the opportunity to take the appointment.
If less than 24 hours’ notice is given for a rescheduled or cancelled appointment, no refund will be issued. You will need to pay again for a new appointment.
Earthtones Sound Therapy Privacy Statement
- Earthtones Sound Therapy is a Sole Trader business operated by Nicola Kelsall from the Old School Business Centre, Church Drive, Arnold, Nottingham NG5 6LD.
- You can contact Nicola for all matters relating to the business either by mail to the above address; by telephone on 07595 628 379; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Earthtones Sound Therapy will collect certain information about you during the course of its business. This information will be used for the following reasons:
- Your contact information may be used to send you marketing material as part of Earthtones’ legitimate interest in promoting its business. You may request that this ceases at any time; you can also ask that your information not be used in this way from the beginning. This information will be shared with our email marketing partners at Mailchimp who actually send out the emails which Earthtones create.
- Booking information is kept with our booking system for a maximum of one year after your last booking has passed. At that point you will be considered an inactive client and your information will be removed from our systems. This information is kept as part of Earthtones’ legitimate interests in maintaining information about its current clients.
- Your email address may be used to send you an invoice via PayPal and may be used to accept payments from you or to issue refunds where needed. This information is kept to allow Earthtones to meet its contractual obligations to you.
- Information regarding consultations with Earthtones will be kept as part of our legal obligations for a period not exceeding seven years from from the date of your final session.
- Earthtones will keep different information for different periods of time, as follows:
- Information Earthtones keeps for marketing purposes will be kept until you ask for it to be removed. If you ask, it will be removed immediately the request is received.
- Booking information is kept with our booking system for a maximum of one year after your last booking has passed.
- Financial information is required by Law to be kept for seven years. This will include your contact information as invoiced.
- Information gathered regarding appointments will be kept as part of our legal obligations for a period not exceeding seven years from the date of your final session.
- All of Earthtones’ external partners have committed to operating in accordance with the new Data Protection Laws.
- Your rights: Under the new Laws, you have certain rights, detailed below. You may use the contact details at Item 2 to request any of these rights in your own words.
- The right to have your contact information removed. You can request to remove only marketing information, only booking information, or both. If you request us to delete all of your contact information completely, then any bookings you have in the system will be cancelled as a result. No information relating to consultations with Earthtones will be removed under these circumstances, as Earthtones is legally obliged to retain it.
- You have the right to be sent a copy of all the information Earthtones holds about you within 30 days. Earthtones will honour this request as quickly as possible; if it can’t be managed within 30 days Earthtones will let you know. There will not be any charge for this.
- You have the right to have your information corrected; if any information Earthtones holds about you is wrong then Earthtones will amend it to be accurate. Bear in mind that therapy session notes which are responses you gave to questions at the time are taken faithfully, but some notes are subjective commentary by the therapist and “corrections” to these will not be entertained.
- From the outset, you have the right to object to the storing and processing of your information; however if you do object then no therapy can proceed; once you have attended a therapy session it will not be possible to remove the written notes about the session due to legal obligations.
- You have the right to complain about the holding of your information. If Earthtones cannot resolve your complaint, or you feel that the response is inadequate, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at ico.org.uk or to take your complaint to the Courts. If you choose this latter approach Earthtones would advise you to seek qualified legal advice.
- Earthtones will treat your information and your confidence with the utmost respect and will keep you informed at every stage of the relationship with you. If you have any concerns at all, please use the contact information listed above to get in touch and ask.