In order to make sure you are comfortable during your appointment, please read the following information:
- Please tell me if you suffer from back problems and/or are unable to lay on a treatment couch. A chair will be made available for you instead;
- Please avoid large meals directly before your appointment;
- Ideally you should avoid drinking alcohol for 24 hours before your appointment, but do not drink any alcohol on the day of your appointment;
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing for your appointment;
- If possible, try to avoid making any big plans for the rest of the day following your appointment. This gives your mind and body time to rest;
- You will need to drink plenty of water after your treatment. Please try to drink plenty of fluids for the rest of the day.
If you are attending a New Moon or Full Moon gong bath, please note this information about the raw cacao used:
- Cacoa is a potent plant. Sometimes, when drinking raw cacao at ceremonial strength, you may experience light-headedness and occasionally nausea. If this happens, begin drinking your water and sip your cacao more slowly. It will pass, usually very quickly.
- Cacao should not be drunk by people taking MAOI anti-depressants. These are older kinds of medication, and those taking them are usually on a restricted diet, which excludes chocolate. If you are taking more modern anti-depressants there is no issue with having cacao.
- In ceremonial doses, raw cacao increases the heart rate and lowers blood pressure. Those with heart conditions are advised to have smaller doses of cacao, so please mention this when you arrive.
- If you are pregnant (past the 1st trimester) or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid cacao, or take a half dose, as it is a powerful stimulant.